Dog Park Design
- “Tips for Building Successful Dog Parks in Your Community” (PDF Brochure):
Created by experts especially for dog park operators and designers. Addresses the 20 most common issues when considering building a dog park, to help ensure that your off-leash park avoids some of the possible design mistakes. From the largest considerations to details you may not have thought of — from benefits to the community, location, space, legalities, and accessibility issues; to choosing the best dog agility equipment and dog park supplies; to water fountains, sanitation, surfacing, shade, signage, and more — it’s all encapsulated here.
- Surfacing Considerations: Turf or Woof Fiber? Decisions, decisions - hopefully our handy comparison can help point you in the right direction.
Links & Resources
- “How to Choose Dog Park Agility Equipment For Off-Leash Areas” (PDF Brochure)
- Establishing a Dog Park in Your Community: In-depth article by the American Kennel Club answers the question, “What is a dog park and how does it benefit the community?” You can download it from the AKC website as a 20-page booklet with photos.
- Dog Park.com: Lots of helpful information about dog parks, including where to find them.
- Getting the Most From Your Dog Park: A comprehensive article from Recreation Management that covers the "How To's" and much more.
- Pets Welcome and Go Pet Friendly: Planning to travel with your dog? These websites provide travel tips, and list pet-friendly hotels across the USA and Canada.
- Dogwise Publishing: Many books and videos about agility are available, and Dogwise has the best selection.